The Northwest Regional Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) invites youth and their sponsors to participate in a mission trip to Anchorage, AK from Saturday, June 23, 2018-Saturday, June 30 , 2018. Work days will be Monday-Thursday and Friday will be a day of play.
First Christian Church, Anchorage, will be hosting our group and coordinating work with Alaska Child and Family.
AK Child & Family brings hope to troubled young lives through a broad range of mental health services. Their residential psychiatric treatment, community based programs and treatment foster homes offer the structure, care and expertise to help young people facing significant challenges build strong, positive, healthy lives and the organization is a historic mission partner of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
This adventure will be a meaningful work trip during which, our prayer is, a closer bond is formed between the participants and with God.
This trip is a major undertaking of time and financial resources for all those planning to attend so we ask that all participants review the financial commitment/timeline, and then complete, sign and return the contract and permission forms that can be downloaded below.
- Dates of Mission Trip: Saturday, June 23, 2018-Saturday, June 30, 2018
- Registration Limit/Requirements: Registration is open to 15 youth (middle and high school) and 3 adult chaperones. Additionally, registration is open to adult participants over the age of 18 and minors who will be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Registration is capped at 25 participants total.
- Cost: $1,000 per participant. Scholarship funds covering 50% of the cost will be made available first to youth and chaperones who complete and submit their registration form along with the non-refundable deposit by January 1. After that time, remaining scholarship funds may be available to other participants who complete and submit their registration form and non-refundable deposit by January 1.
- Registration deadline/Fee Schedule:
- Registration forms and $200 non-refundable deposit due by January 1, 2018
- 2nd payment of $200 by March 1, 2018
- Trip balance due by May 1, 2018
- Checks should be made to the Northwest Regional Christian Church (NWRCC) with “Mission Trip” in the notation blank.