Clergy Standing Renewal and Standing Transfer Form

** NWRCC established Clergy are asked to complete this form once each year. You are notified by Regional Office when it is time to complete your report.

** New to the Region? As you complete your move to the Northwest Region, take a few minutes to complete this form and let us help you keep your Standing current.
    Please also have your last Region's office send a letter (hard copy or email) that affirms your good standing until your relocation.

In keeping with The Design of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), regions are responsible for reviewing and certifying the Ministerial Standing of all ordained and licensed Disciples clergy each year who live in their area. When your Standing is acknowledged by the region, your name is listed in the official Year Book and Directory of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) for the ensuing year. It is important to know that the Year Book is the primary document the IRS uses to verify ministerial standing; and thus, your eligibility for housing allowance exclusions. Another key value – you cannot enter Search and Call without Standing. Standing reflects your being “accountable to and up-to-date with” the required denominational criteria for maintaining your ecclesiastical certification.

The following questions are detailed but with purpose. Please complete the form as accurately as possible. Many of the questions are directly related to those the Northwest Region are asked to provide to the Office of Search and Call (who keeps minister records) when your standing is transferred between regions. The more complete and accurate your replies are here, the more complete and accurate your records at the national office will be. Thank you!

Contact Info


Order of Ministry
# Standing does not necessarily include ecclesiastical endorsement, but ecclesiastical endorsement requires initial and ongoing Standing. *GCOM = General Commission on Ministry, as different from a Regional Commission on Ministry
Criteria for Continuation of Annual Standing for Active Ministers

This may be skipped if you are Retired- Inactive status or Retired- Active but not employed. Employment Criteria: “Standing for ministers in active service continues so long as the minister does and reports the following: Performs faithfully the duties of a minister as authorized by Commissioning or Ordination, either in an occupation recognized by the church as ministerial in purpose or in a service recognized by the church as ministerial in purpose." Theological Foundations and Policies and Criteria for the Order of Ministry [II.F.2.b.i]

Study and Growth
Qualifications for Standing include participation in “programs of study, research, growth, renewal.” Theological Foundations and Policies and Criteria for the Order of Ministry [II.F.2.b.ii]
Clergy Healthy Boundaries Training Policy

All active clergy, both ordained and commissioned, are required to complete six hours of healthy boundary training for clergy every three years. If a commissioned or ordained minister with standing does not complete this training as required, their commissioning/standing will be removed, not for cause, until he/she completes the training. In-care seminary students wishing to be ordained, and ministers seeking commissioning are required to complete the training prior to their final interview with the Commission as a requirement for ordination or commissioning. If a minister transfers from another region and has completed an approved boundary training within the past 3 years in another region, that training will fulfill this requirement. She/he will then be required to repeat the training every three years following. If the minister transferring in has not completed an approved boundary training within the past three years, the minister is required to complete the training within two years of transferring standing and every three years thereafter. An alternative to the NWRCC-sponsored training course is for a minister to take the training offered by a member of Churches Uniting in Christ (CUIC). The Commission on Ministry will be the final arbiter on the acceptability of a non-NWRCC training course. Retired ministers who wish to function in any ministerial capacity are required to participate in this training. Inactive retired ministers are not required to take Healthy Boundary training. However, if an inactive retired pastor wishes to resume ministry, he/she must complete an approved Healthy Boundary training within 1 year of returning to active ministry status, and every three years for as long as he/she remains in active ministry. Approved by Commission on Ministry, June 29, 2013 Approved by Executive Committee of Regional Board, November 2, 2013.

If you are due to renew Clergy Healthy Boundary Training in 2017, known dates and locations will be posted soon after Jan. 1, 2017. Additional dates will be added as they become known. You may access this information at any time by going to It is the responsibility of each active clergy person to register for and complete training in the year it is required.

Maintenance of Relationship with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)

“Standing continues so long as the minister maintains relations with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), including participating membership in a recognized congregation in the community where feasible.” Theological Foundations and Policies and Criteria for the Order of Ministry [II.F.2.b.iii]

Select all that apply for the last year.
Optional Questions and Notes to the Commission on Ministry

By typing your name and date below and pressing the "Submit" button, you acknowledge that you are accountable for the information submitted and that the answers to the questions above will be used to determine your Ministerial Standing status in the Northwest Regional Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and with the General Office of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).

Unless otherwise indicated, your contact information will be included in the regularly updated NWRCC Regional Directory.
From time to time the Regional Office is asked for help to contact clergy/ministry professionals who may be able to provide Pulpit Supply.